Share On Twitter Share on facebook Share on Pinterest Share on StumbleUpon

Share:

snippet of life: au chocolat baby shower

April 10, 2012 | Snippets of Life | Comments

My Au Chocolat themed baby shower was last Saturday! My sisters and two best friends pitched in to host the shower and they did such an amazing job! They worked so hard putting my crazy little details together to make it the most memorable baby shower I could ever ask for : ) We had an array of homemade chocolate desserts made by each of my hosts and a yummy bar serving wine, adult chocolate milk and my new favorite cocktail, the Honey Citrus. We played the gross dirty diaper game, but since the party was chocolate-themed there was no getting out of it! The trait game was my favorite! Guests would guess the traits between Zan and I that I would want my baby to have… such as nose or musical talent, etc. When they got to personality everyone shouted out, “ZAN!” I jokingly told them I was totally offended and to all go home! haha Zan does have the best personality, so of course I chose him too : ) We also played the baby bottle chugging game, where you fill the bottle with a small amount of water and whoever chugs it down first wins!! It was pretty hysterical watching my friends fiercely drinking out of baby bottles! I captured some great blackmail photos… just in case : ) We gave out beautiful chocolate themed gift baskets to the winners. I am so blessed with the most amazingly special friends and family (as I know most of us are ; )) and of course I shed a few of those preggo hormone tears at the end… geez Eden, hold it together! It was a wonderful shower and I can’t thank everyone enough!! Oh and a quick congrats to my sister, who was one of the hosts, who became a Doctor yesterday… You go B!!!

A few captions for the pics to the right:

- Our good friend Todd created the hand drawn Au Chocolat sign… Incredible artist! He was nominated for a Grammy this year for best album cover!
- Laughing it up with one of my hosts and best friends, Amy… She is also my preggo advice girl. I can ask her anything!
- Yes, that is me as a very chubby baby on the sticker… ahhhhh!
- Sister Jessie in green and one of my best friends Mara! Both helped host the shower! You two are the best!!
- We gave out chocolate lollipops with Zan’s baby picture on them as favors. Unlike me, he was a cute baby!
- In the next to last pic: my hosts! Love you girls SO much!! Can’t thank you enough for everything you did for me and baby boy!
- And one with Jenna… my five girls ; )
Photo Credit: Zan Passante

Google Adsense

Sweetest Things

Most Popular

Most Popular

Cheers

Cheers

Sweet Mornings

Sweet Mornings

In the Mix

In the Mix

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

COMMENTS

17 Responses to snippet of life: au chocolat baby shower

• Loooovely shower! I had an idea to plan my baby shower as chocolate theme and found your blog, beautiful!

• Thank you all for the amazing comments!!! ADORE reading them and I am so happy you all loved the shower!! It was such a wonderful day for me and I can’t wait to put all the photos in baby boy’s album!! Thank you for all of your support! XOXO

• Virginie says:

Hello, I found your blog recently. I am looking for ideas for the first communion of my daughter. Wow, thanks for your so beautiful blog. I can’t very good explain but your blog is now in my favorite list…
    Virginie from France

• Mandi says:

ahhh – love this idea! Everything looks delicious and beautiful. What a yummy party.

• Hi Eden! Just checking in on you sweet girl, your shower was absolutely perfect for you in every way possible! You look AMAZING and I hope you are feeling great too. The party was picturesque and lovely, the details are all incredible! Looks like a wonderful time was had by all! You are on my mind sweetie and I hope the last few weeks are comfortable and restful for you!! Hugs always xoxoxoxooxox

• Mara says:

aww I love these photos so much! (And I may borrow some haha) Everything turned out soo well! You are seriously the most beautiful pregnant lady ever! You’ll be my preggo advice girl one day too by the way :) xoxo

• Lauren says:

I am always looking for new, creative event themes and your “Au Chocolat” theme was very original! I got some good ideas and love that you shared with your followers. I also really liked the idea of the mini chocolate desserts and your stationary was adorable and very fitting. Thanks for the ideas!

• m429 says:

So happy for you! This baby shower looked so delicious and just so cute! great job and now i NEED some chocolate:)

• jackie fo says:

This is so cute! I love all the pictures of you guys as a baby … so precious! I love the invites too.

• Chloe West says:

Oh my goodness, this looks amazing! Really makes me want some chocolate now.

• Ashley says:

Such sweet pictures! What lovely friends you have :)

• Supal says:

Such a beautiful baby shower! OMG and so exciting that you’re friends with Mara! She’s another one of my favorite bloggers. PS – are you wearing a chocolate garland that you made? Did that melt all over you??

• Churi Chan says:

this is so cute! and you look absolute fabulous! :D

• i absolutely love everything, especially the chocolate theme! i’m so glad you had such a beautiful shower! all the little details are perfect!!

• Anonymous says:

wow! that baby will have some amazing parties!

• Kimberly Frankel says:

love you eden!! these are such beautiful photos of such a wonderful day!! im loving the one of me and christine gossping in the background if you noticed hahahaha. you must send me the one zan took of the 3 of us :). you and your hosts put on a wonderful party for baby boy!!

• Rebecca L. says:

LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS Eden!! ;) Gold baby bottles are precious!

As seen in
Huffington Post Taste Ladies Home Journal HGTV Style at Home Lifetome Moms Babble Project Wedding Littles Apartment Therapy
Custom Wordpress theme by Jeff Roberts Web Design